Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

****$10 Food Collection Challenge *****

My kids are collecting food for Sophie's Bread Box - a local food pantry and I challenged myself to see how much food we could get in their paper bags for $10 using coupons.

Granted a lot of healthy food generally does not have coupons such as fresh fruit, vegetables and meat - I did try to stick to things that would be as healthy as prepackaged food could be.

The grand total - two full paper shopping bags for $4.82

I won't go into all the deals but the bulk of the food consisted of:
6 full size boxes of cereal
4 cans of chicken broth
2 bags of beans
6 cans of tuna
2 jars of peanut butter
2 jars of meat marinades
2 packages of taco seasonings
2 jars of mayo

I am so proud of them - and they are really getting the concept of helping other.

Prayers tonight consisted of hoping that the people that need the food get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment