Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Raleigh Homeless Statistics

The more I read about the plight of the homeless the more I am shocked by what I find.

Let me share with you these sobering statistics.

Locally in Raleigh:

In Wake County each night approx. 2000 persons are homeless in the with an average of 1200 people in Raleigh.

This includes mens, women and children.

Family homelessness in Raleigh is growing by 11% every year.

Nationally:

Of the 3.5 million people that experience homelessness each year 1.35 million of them are children.

The fastest growing segments of the homeless population is families with children.

It amazes me that in a nation that has so much greed there are so many with so little.

It increase my resolve to provide a small amount of respect and dignity to those who have nothing and look forward to when my children are in school so I can donate more of my time at one of the Missions.


No comments:

Post a Comment